Thursday 22 March 2012

The workings of the subconscious mind?


So besides the fun of mere chance, I think that maybe the information our unconscious mind takes in has a lot to do with this... Look at the image below. The first three words you see are supposed to describe you.
I got "sweet", "talented", "outgoing" and "elegant"... hmm interesting... (don't know if wishful thinking might be involved here ladies and gentlemen...). That's all very nice (although slightly questionable) I am surely not so elegant... *tear* one day.... maybe one day. But hey, fun litto thang! Try it out :D


I have read before that the unconscious mind collects all information about your environment and surroundings while the conscious mind actively perceives it and pays attention to only certain aspects of it. Perhaps what we see, or rather, consciously pay attention to is what our subconscious mind has noticed and worked out. 

We all know what kind of personality we possess, so maybe the unconscious mind does the work of picking out those words that we feel best describe us, and we in turn end up paying attention to only those words. 

Ever notice you keep seeing the same number again and again? Calm down... and stop hyperventilating it's not a conspiracy, I assure you. It just your unconscious mind picking out similarities in your environment that you end up consciously noticing. Lets say maybe you see the number 6 again and again. "Oh my lord I saw it three times the devil is trying to talk to me!" *faints* Oh funny little over dramatic friend of mine, its just the magic of the awesomeness contained in that brain of yours. 

That fills me up with hearts yeoo 
~YEE YEE! 
<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment