Sunday 22 April 2012

Success



So it seems I’m having some trouble sleeping. Its 4 a.m. and I just can’t turn off my brain. So Rav figured 
hey! Why not just bloggity blog blog since it’s… been a while </3  

Lately what seems to have been on my mind is this thing we “success”. The whole idea of success is supposed to revolve around accomplishment your ultimate goal… which for many is usually career stability. And what’s behind that goal? Most likely money. And behind that, hidden amongst all the clutter of incompetencies and self-esteem is this common human desire—to be happy. Seems like people shuffle around and get to the “money” stage and don’t seem to progress past it, or rather, even feel any different after it. People sit there dreaming about what a comfortable life they’ll have after their goals have been achieved, but what happens after?  Is it just me, or do people never really know what they want? They go about achieving all their goals and still end up feeling unsatisfied and empty. But it’s not necessarily accomplishment of your goals that will bring you happiness, contrary to what a lot of people think. For some it might be the pursuit towards their goals, for others, maybe happiness for someone they love. But my main point here is people get lost in the clutter of the word “success” and forget its ultimate meaning. It’s the rout you take for happiness not for the automatic creation of it. Anticipation of automatic happiness after an empty goal is achieved might not lead to happiness at all.  Of course this is a generalized idea I stand by this for a certain set of situations… Say for example a man sets a long-term goal of becoming a CEO of a company. Five years later he gets the job position he had been waiting for. He sits there feeling the arm rests of his leather chair and looking at the unique design of his new sheik cabin. He might feel a bit of relief after he gets the position, but after about a year, how does he feel now? Probably the same way he did 6 years ago. And when I mean the same way 6 years ago I am not implying he didn’t change at all… I am just highlighting his emotional state; he’ll feel the same internally. And what now, probably another long term goal to set and achieve. Mmm Sounds like a cycle.  

Maybe goals are essential to help people get through life though. They add meaning to what can seem like (sometimes) a pointless existence. I am not saying they are bad… but for people who seem to think that their life will become amazingly different and that they will have found happiness for the rest of their lives upon completion of a goal… in my opinion, are a little too idealistic. And I know what you’re probably thinking… “Rav! Who thinks like that man? Sounds like what a child would say.” Well dearest friend of mine to you I say… that you would be surprised how many people have this kind of thinking (once you break down their long term goals and ideas). You see I have found, many people hold this secret belief of a changed world once they achieve a goal… but they lather it up all nice with jewels and decorations so you don’t notice… *squintey eyes* AW SHEIT ISA CONSPIRACY… okay no. But I have met quite the bunch that thinks this and I always… just get so confuzled. *tear*

Anyways, this seems like a very generalized and slightly one-sided post… let’s leave this out for those that view success in this way (you all know who you are *squints*). I am not saying success or goals will never lead to happiness, I think what I’m just trying to say here is there might always be more to what seems like a simple motive. I think maybe people just shouldn’t get caught up in the clutter of wanting to complete something for success; they should want to complete it for happiness. Success and happiness are not synonymous, we can think of success as the road and happiness, the destination. When you want something you should always ask yourself why. If the end goal is happiness try it out… see how it goes.

Well that… it just fill me up with… hearts and sheit

~YE YEE!! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment