Tuesday 17 January 2012

Hands and your motive


The people that know me know the importance of hands to me. They're more than just another part of your body they are a map of who you are and what you were. I don't know when I started thinking this or why but it has become such an important part of how I see people. No hands have ever looked ugly to me before but there have been a few that intrigue me. They make me think "what's the story behind those?" 

So what is the story behind someone? Can you ever really find out? To find out who they are now from what they were before is almost (dare I say it)...impossible. 

When I was about 5 I used to go crazy asking people how exactly it is that we can walk around, talk to each other, carry ourselves, and essentially live. No one gave me the answer I was looking for. Some said  "its your brain of course, it allows you to do all these things" the more relaxed people said "that's just how it is"  and others that "its GOD!" (right dude...chill out and put your clothes back on). When I grew older I realized that I wasn't asking the right question. What I was really trying to ask is why is it that this thing that lives inside my head can see...why can it look at the world in the way that it does from my own brain only. Yes I realize I sound schizophrenic and that I am being very ambiguous so to illustrate my point try this: Just sit there and feel what it feels like to actually be. (if you have never done this...try it)

 What does it feel like? Kind of like your something looking through these eyes that are attached to this body. Now when I was a child I was fascinated by this. And even more so by the fact that everyone sees from their own eyes in a completely unique way...they are the little "things" sitting in their own head. With that point being made; can you ever really understand a person? Their thoughts, motives and intentions come from this little "thing" and the way that this little "thing" views the world is different from yours because of their past experiences and even genetics. I know I'm bringing up the old case of subjectivity and empiricism (Descartes would be proud..actually no he wouldn't because this is kind of crappy compared to his work...very crappy. Actually Descartes would probably want to crap on this blog...*defaced Rav moves on*) But its just a topic that has always interested me. 

Its the small things! My sister, who is one of the most important people in my life (although I don't ever give her the satisfaction of knowing this) loves the sound of munching... I never knew this, until I randomly asked her what her favourite sound was in which she remarked "munching!... I like the sound of munching!". If you know my sister whenever she has spare time she's munching away at something crunchy, usually popcorn. I would always see her eating popcorn concluding the motive of this behaviour was that it simply tasted good and I was very interested to see that this motive that I thought to be most rational was wrong. Imagine how many other little things people do, that may have a different motive to them, go virtually unnoticed because in your head you have already rationalized the reason for this behaviour.

So I guess you can never really know the little "things" inside the head of another like you know them in your own. They always have these little insignificant secrets that they don't share because to them are pointless (but to me... fascinating). I'll always be interested in what makes people the way they are... I can't help it, that's the way I am. What can I say, this psychology stuff fills me up with hearts and sheit.. 

~YE YEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment