Monday 11 June 2012

Communication and Telepathy


Unfortunately it won't display the artist but I got this piece from : http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=telepathy#/d2peewc


So I don’t know about you guys, but when I think about the future of humans I see superrior beings that are super tall, super intelligent, levitate and communicate telepathically… (I am not crazy). Maybe it was all the Silvia Brown books, or maybe it’s an overactive imagination but… maybe this can be our future. O_o With my music pumped… and a half drowsy mind… lets doeit!

RAVS BOGUS THEORIES time… again. (I am so… so very sorry)

So recently I have realized the inaccuracy of human communication (well I realized it before… but now I would like to say something about it O__o). Communication is so very limited (yeah thanks for that Rav, it’s only been stated a few hundred times). But with that I have also realized the closest thing we have to human telepathy is empathy. The subjective mind can only express itself verbally to a limit. But to understand someone’s subjective state is a form of unspoken communication. But of course someone can just say your using your own mind to come up with a reason for why someone is feeling the way that they are and technically you might not even be accurately reading their emotions. This is very true, but I want to emphasize a situation where you know someone very well and understand them. Without much difficulty you know how they feel because of something and can predict it correctly. Ever meet that person that just knows when you’re down… and you have done everything in your power to project an I-am-having-such-an-amazing-day mood. “How the hell did they know?!”… I think for this, people need to have a unique connection with the person and similar personalities/internal states of mind. Maybe it doesn’t happen often because we cannot find someone similar to ourselves… but when you do… its damn creepy. I guess some people are better at reading others then we think. It truly is an art form, but then there are some that could not care less about the internal state of another but we shall not pay attention to those people for now… that’s right, you have no friends and no one likes you… (That was not bitterness… no, not at all).

How does a person become good at this? Empathy, like so much more of the human personality is genetic (of course psychologists now know that there is an equal blend between nature and nurture, both are equally important… that means they’ve stopped debating… finally. *cough* losers). But uh where was I… yes, so there are genes associated with empathy and the environment will either nourish it or cause it to dissipate. Quite obviously a family that values the feelings of others, verbalizes these concerns, and holds strong stability in their relationships, would produce a pretty empathetic child. And then there are social interacts and future influences.

Now what I want to look at though is the genetic basis of empathy. Now if we want to get all evolutionary and sheit, then I could say… maybe, through natural selection, we will eventually select for this gene and end up with… extremely empathetic human begins… which will be the equivalent to telepathic beings… O_O (ohmagawd). But what can be the adaptive advantages? Why would natural selection further this gene in future generations? Well maybe, since it is another form of communication (kind of) and humans are constantly trying to understand other humans (communication is an essential part of our survival) maybe empathy will be highly selected for. Also… our bodies are constantly trying to conserve energy, perhaps we will slowly filter out… verbal communication and turn to some sort of empathy/telepathic communication… (this sounds like jellysheit… I realize that. No I am not high… okay fine just a little… ON LIFE! : D *cough* okay uhh… yes anyways.) But yes… one more thing, perhaps our understanding of another’s emotions will also not be communicated through words (mentally that is). Maybe we could learn through abstractions of thought O__o… as in pure emotion? Perhaps like picking up vibes from someone… but not really… but in an empathetic kind of way… (if that makes any sense…). Anyways… just a fun little idea that I wanted to get out there. Eh eh call it what you want! (That might or might not be referring to Foster the People.)

Oh hai look what I found. It… It just fell down… from cyber space. Well your welcome fellow jellybean. Cheers. Keep smiling. :] (I don't know why, but I absolutely love their music video...)



~YEE YEE!
Hearts&Sheit <3 … &Telepathy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment