Friday 29 June 2012

We Live a Formal Existence?


Ever feel like no matter how much you try to avoid an issue, the more it chases you down? Sometimes it seems like when you neglect something the world works to bring it towards you, saying “OKAY buddy, you need to work this out”.  That’s kind of what seems to have been happening with me recently. I guess the universe works in mysterious ways.

I have never been the kind of person to understand “signs”. It seems, with me, whenever all arrows point right, I go left. Whenever they point left, I go right… and whenever they’re like f*ck it you pick… I… well, jebus I can’t decide. I am utterly ungraceful in my physical existence… but am even worse in my emotional and metal existence. The funny thing is I am a psychology major. Inner motives, emotional states, and mental disorders continue to amaze me and I enjoy observing others. But when it comes to me… I think I might be a tad bit of a mess, perhaps choosing to focus on how others behave because I can’t even understand myself (oh no… she’s hit rock bottom. You grab the booze I’ll get the cakes and pastries).

So formalities, what are they anyways?  They’re important (I believe…) but only if they are genuinely felt. They are a way to communicate your authentic gratitude and feelings about something. But perhaps when they are used too often, they become mere habit without the honest feelings needed for their base. When you take away the base of what formalities should be what do they become? They become empty actions. The empty action is then meaningless, utterly useless and insignificant. And the truth is ladies and gents, people can see right through it. That’s right! They may not say it, but people can sense a genuine feeling, or rather, lack of it. I generally find myself retreating after meeting someone that comes of a little… uhh… dare I say it? Fake. So why use such empty habits? Perhaps formalities can serve as armour. Their sole purpose, then, becomes to shield others from seeing who you really are (in a way). Politeness is generally accepted by everyone, you can never offend someone, you can’t hurt them and you definitely can’t get close to them. You lead a relationship on the surface. So essentially what I am saying is that politeness can be a sort of defense mechanism used by the fearful.

Truth is I use it all the time (which I have recently noticed). It seems like my existence becomes far too oriented towards the perceptions of others. Sometimes you just need to turn around and say f*ck it. I am not one to give myself away completely to someone, there always is a sense of formality, which I like and I don’t think I really want to change. But when the formalities loose their meaning, they end up creating copied and pasted characters essentially just leading a role play game, which is something I don’t want. You become comfortable in this “role” and without knowing it creates boundaries by itself. Being constricted! That’s one thing I hate, then why the heck do it to myself?! (aw sheit… girls be getting all personal). Well less personal and more… realistic. Little inner therapy session for Rav, if you will. Not that it is of interest to anyone else, but perhaps you have felt this way too? In that case you must say FUG IT friend! And you must spread your wings like peanut butter and jelly (NO! NEUTELLA O_O) and fly freely! *cough* anyways… I have an odd relationship with this bloggity of mine. Whenever anything is occupying my mind I can blog and it’s almost like closure on the topic. It becomes an opened and closed case, which is nice to have. A friend once told me that writing is cheap therapy… I would have to say, I can’t agree more.  

And that friends… well that fills me up with hearts&sheit.

~YEE YEE
Hearts&Sheit… <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment