Tuesday 3 July 2012

Letting Go- A peace of yourself




I’m sitting here with my jones drink (friggen best drinks of life!) and I can’t help it… I just needed to blog…

“Holding a grudge is letting someone live rent-free in your head”

Sometimes letting go is very hard. But if I have learned anything in my young and fragile (lol) years of life it is that no peace can ever be attained from grudges. Now I don’t think that grudges includes (let’s call them notes) you take about someone’s character though. Let’s say someone you knew hurt you really badly… (like tears from your heart and soul pain…like stepping on a piece of leggo five times in the same spot pain) which also indicated what kind of person they are. Now people’s reactions to these kinds of situations vary greatly. Some people hold grudges against the person for the rest of their life, others forgive and forget, and then there are some who forgive, let go but never forget.  It remains arguable however, if one can every fully forgive while not forget something. However, I think this is quite possible. You take note of characteristics this person has that have hurt you in the past, but you forgive their mistakes and let go of what happened… in my eyes, that is the best way to a peaceful existence.

When a person is hurt the most natural thing is anger, frustration and sadness. It seems, however, many people let the anger aspect take over their existence. I was scrolling around on the internet once and came across this amazing quote that said something along the lines of

 “It is so much harder to hate someone when you know why they did what they did.”

This quote just stuck to me like glue. If you can even understand in the slightest why a person might have done something, even if it’s something as petty as social pressures (which we all go through) you cannot hate them and you need to let go of your anger. It’s far too easy to sit in the corner and pout about how much you hate someone. So much harder is standing up straight and saying you love them regardless (and by love I don’t mean like… ohmagawd we be best frands now yeo. I mean love them as another human being kind of love. Also, I mean this as an internal process… don’t go telling them that you love them… you’re going to look really creepy). Okay so I mean moral of the story: ishh okay!  Everyone makes mistakes and holding grudges are not beneficial to anyone… especially your sense of inner peace. Learn to let go and move on.

On that note some more amazing words of wisdom… (I can read quotes like this all day)

“Peace is to be found only within, and unless one finds it there he will never find it at all. Peace lies not in the external world. It lies within one’s own soul” –Ralph W. Trine

“If you have inner peace, nobody can force you to be a slave to the outer reality.” –Sri Chinmoy

“Nothing is worth losing your inner peace. Take action as circumstance require, but never surrender your inner peace. Stop. Breathe deeply. Close your eyes and breathe deeply again. Then, and only then, take action—from a peaceful heart.”—Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Now inner peace… well that’s something that fills me up with hearts&sheit all the good stuff. Till next time friends…

~YEE YEE
Hearts&Sheit…&peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment